Mr. Romaker has over thirty years experience in litigating personal injury matters and worker’s compensation cases.
Mr. Romaker is the principal of The Romaker Law Firm. Mr. Romaker has tried numerous motor vehicle cases, medical malpractice cases, slip and fall cases as well a hundreds of Workers compensation cases.
Mr. Romaker has been involved in litigating cases with verdicts and settlements of $3.7 million, 2.7 million, 1.2 million in personal injury matters as well as worker’s compensation settlements of $500,000.00, $400,000.00 and numerous cases settled in excess of $300,000.00 using unique theories and strategies.
Mr. Romaker has a diverse educational and professional background. He studied for one year in Madrid, Spain, holds a MA degree in Linguistics and ESL and was a teacher for eight years prior to attending law School at John Marshall Law School. Mr. Romaker has completed numerous triathlons, 5k and 10k running races.
BA – Bowling Green State University in Education and Spanish
MA – Eastern Michigan University in Linguistics and ESL
JD – John Marshall Law School
Mr. Romaker is admitted to:
- Illinois State Bar
- May 1992
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- June 1992
- U.S. District Court, Trial Bar Northern District of Illinois
- US Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- July 1992
- Mr. Romaker was on Law Review and had a published article and participated in the International Law Moot Court and Insurance Law Moot Court Teams at John Marshall
- Mr. Romaker was a Chicago Bar Association Vanguard Award winner in 2010
- Mr. Romaker served as the President of the Puerto Rican Bar Association from 2010 to 2012 And has been a board member since 2007.
John Marshall Law Review
“Changing the World Economies – A Model for Applying United States 25 J. Marshall L. Rev. 81 (1991)
Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
Law Bulletin Article re Worker’s Compensation Case that Mr. Romaker won.
JS Masonry v IWCC and Jozef Piatek 369 Ill.App.2nd 591 (1st Dist. 2006)
“Broken rule ‘doesn’t bar’ compensation” Chicago Daily Law Bulletin 12/9/2006
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association]
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Puerto Rican Bar Association
- Spanish and English