An initial meeting with an experienced personal injury lawyer is important, not just for exchanging information about your case, but also for building rapport and trust. Commonly, you will first have a short phone call with the personal injury lawyer, who will then ask to meet you in person.
Preparing For The Meeting
If you’ve set up an initial meeting with one of Chicago Injury Legal at The Romaker Law Firm’s warrior lawyers to discuss your potential personal injury claim, it’s important that you come to that appointment prepared. Make sure to bring copies of all records and other documentation related to the underlying incident. Try to bring everything and anything that has information regarding your accident or injury. Being prepared for this first meeting will get your case off to a smooth and efficient start.
After you have all your documentation and paperwork in check, you can focus on your initial consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer from Chicago Injury Legal at The Romaker Law Firm.
Getting to Chicago Injury Legal at The Romaker Law Firm
Chicago Injury legal at The Romaker Law Firm is located in the heart of Chicago at 211 W. Wacker Drive on the 14th floor, Suite 1450. Our building stands tall overlooking the Merchandise Mart and the incredible Chicago River. Parking is located on the street and there are also many parking garages available in the area. If you have any issues finding transportation or your way to Chicago Injury Legal at The Romaker Law Firm, feel free to call our office at (312) 377-7000. We will take all measures possible to get you here, even if that involves sending a car to pick you up! We know you are already dealing with a very stressful, and in some cases painful, situation and we would like to make it easier for you in any way we can.
Documents And Photos
As a general rule, your warrior personal injury lawyer will want to know everything you know and see everything you have related to the accident or injury. To start off with, the lawyer will want to know where, when, and how the incident occurred. This is why it is so important to bring in all related documents. It will make it easier for your warrior personal injury lawyer to understand the extent of your situation and serve as evidence in your personal injury case.
- Photos of the car accident
- Photos of injuries sustained
- Photos of the road and weather at the time of the accident
- Photos of slippery or unsafe walkways
- Videos of accident taking place, or aftermath of accident
- Photos or videos of an unsafe workplace
- Witness statements
- Medical records
- Police report
- Lost wages
- Photos of accident site
Anticipating Possible Questions
During your initial consultation, your warrior personal injury lawyer is going to ask you some questions that may be difficult to answer, but are necessary for building your case. If you prepare answers ahead of time, it can make the process easier.
Be prepared to answer questions regarding:
• Your current state of health and injuries
• Details of your doctor’s prognosis
• How your injuries affect daily tasks
• Your insurance coverage (both medical and auto)
• Details given to other lawyers or insurance companies about your incident or injuries
Your warrior personal injury lawyer should not be the only one asking questions during your initial consultation. Like preparing answers, if you prepare questions you would like to ask, it will make understanding the personal injury process and your accident case much easier.
Some examples of questions you may ask:
- What is your main area of expertise in the law profession?
- Are you willing to take my case to trial?
- How many cases have you taken on that are similar to my situation?
- Should I expect this to take a long time? Approximately how long will it take to get payment for my personal injury?
- Will I be able to reach your direct line if I need you? Is there going to be regular times that we speak?
- What if I am unhappy with what the insurance agency offers me? Will you be by my side to take it to court?
- Do you have any marks on your law record or suspensions?
Understanding Legal Fees
During your first meeting it’s important to discuss how the law firm will handle all of the legal fees, so you aren’t surprised later on. Ask about individual expenses as well as what percentage they take from your compensation. At Chicago Injury Legal at the Romaker Law Firm, we work on a contingency basis, meaning you do not pay unless we win your case!
If working with other personal injury lawyers, it may also be helpful to ask:
- Could you please let me know what you charge as a retainer fee?
- Do you work on a contingency basis?
Injured? Chicago Injury Legal at The Romaker Law Firm is here to help!
At Chicago Injury Legal at The Romaker Law Firm we know that when you come to see us, you are dealing with a very stressful situation. That is why we are dedicated to making the personal injury claim process easier for you. We are here to answer any and all questions so you feel confident and informed about your accident case. With over 25 years of experience and a bilingual staff, Chicago Injury Legal at The Romaker Law Firm will fight as aggressively as needed to get you the compensation you are entitled. To learn more about your personal injury or Worker’s Compensation case call Chicago Injury Legal at The Romaker Law Firm at (312) 377-7000, today!